- Region: Elounda
- Address: Elounda
- Phone(+30): 28410 41949, 28410 25003
- Fax(+30): 28410 41960
Tasmania village is situated 1,8 k.m on the outskirts of the attractive fishing village of Elounda on the road to Plaka. Elounda is 11 k.m from the bustling town of Agios Nikolaos and 76 k.m from the capital of Crete Heraklion. The apartments are family run by Maria and Anna English speaking Australian Greeks, who are resident on site 24 hours. Tasmania village is open from May 1st until October 31st.
• Tasmania has 34 rooms
• Studios for 2 persons
• Studios for 2-3 persons
• 1 Bedroom apartment for 3-4 persons
• Cots available (free of charge)
• Modern kitchenette with fridge and cooker, crockery provided.
• Air condition (payable locally)
• Safety deposit boxes (payable locally)
All of the apartments have balconies or patios with panoramic views over the gulf of Corfos bay of Elounda overlooking Spinalonga Island.
The peaceful and tranquil surroundings complimented by panoramic views overlooking the gulf of Corfos towards the famous Spinalonga Island. Tasmania village is not suitable for people with walking disabilities as the complex is situated on a slope.
- Happy Train - Enjoy the costal views up into the mountains and taste traditional Greek meze at the local tavernas.
- Spinalonga - Was once a Venetian Fortress and later a leper colony. It is the setting of the best seller book "The Island" by Victoria Hislop. It has now been turned into a series.
- Plaka - A small fishing village with pebble beaches, tavernas and bars.
- Elounda - 20 minute walk from the apartments. The numerous restaurants, shops, a chemist, a doctor, a dentist, a bank and the main bus stop. There is also a sandy beach with sunbeds and umbrellas.
- Aghios Nikolaos - Cosmopolitan town, 11 km from Elounda with its famous bottomless lake, museum, open air summer cinema, many tavernas and bars, great for shopping.