• Region: Elounda Plaka
  • Phone(+30): 28410 41773

Spinalonga

ukThe most famous island of Crete, this impressive rock fortress is located at the n.w. entrance of the Bay of Elounda. Its castle was founded in 1579 and built during the Venetian occupation using material from an older fortress. During the period 1669 until 1715, it acted as a place of refuge for Venetians, Hainidons and outlaws. From then it was inhabited almost exclusively by Muslims until 1903, when it was turned into a leper colony by order of the Greek government. This function ceased in 1957 and it has been uninhabited since then. The restoration of its public buildings, housing and artwork has reconstructed both its history and the sense of hardship endured here over the years.
By visiting the island you can experience the sense of history and poignancy, while also appreciating the magnificence of the fortress, the island itself and its spectacular scenery.

 

germ

Die berühmteste Insel vor Kreta. Die eindrucksvolle Felsenfestung liegt am nordwestlichen Eingang der Bucht von Elounda. Die Festung wurde im Jahre 1579 gegründet und während der venezianischen Herrschaft unter Nutzung von Materialien älterer Festungen errichtet. Während des Zeitraums von 1669 bis 1715 fungierte sie als Zufluchtsort für Venezianer, Hainidons und Gesetzlose. Danach wurde sie bis 1903, als im Auftrag der griechischen Regierung dort eine Lepra-Kolonie entstand, fast ausschließlich von Muslimen bewohnt. Seit 1957 ist sie unbewohnt. Die Wiederherstellung der öffentlichen Gebäude, der Häuser und der Kunst spiegelt die Geschichte und das dort über Jahre erlittene Leid wider.
Bei einem Besuch der Insel erleben Sie das Gefühl von Geschichte und Schmerzlichkeit, aber zugleich auch die Pracht der Festung, die Insel selbst und seine spektakuläre Landschaft.


Спиналонга

russ

Это самый известный остров Крита. На нем расположена впечатляющая крепость на скале, а сам остров находится в северо-западной части бухты Элунды. Замок был основан в 1579 г. и построен во времена венецианской оккупации. При строительстве использовались материалы более старой крепости. В период с 1669 по 1715 гг. остров стал убежищем для венецианских и ганидонских преступников. После этого до 1903 г. на острове проживали практически одни мусульмане, пока он не превратился в Парийскую колонию по приказу греческого правительства. Колония прекратила свое существование в 1957 г. и с тех пор на острове никто не живет. Восстановление общественных зданий, застроек и произведений искусства острова позволило воссоздать ее историю и лишения на протяжении многих лет.
Посетив остров, вы сможете окунуться в историю, а также оценить величие крепости, самого острова и его потрясающего ландшафта.

Location

  • Aghios Nikolaos
    1, K. Koziri str.

Contact us

  • 0030 28410 82071

Follow Us